Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Whenever I first received my glasses, I looked at the world around me in awe. I'd been looking at the world through a tinted view; throughout my entire life, I had never seen the moon correctly. Thinking everyone just saw it the same way I did--blurry and disorderly looking--I dismissed it as just being something in the sky.

The night I was outside, gazing around, wondering how I could have missed the pure beauty of the things around me, I happened to look up at the moon. It was not blurry; It was actually clear! That was when I was at the mere age of eleven. One night about a year ago, I was outside again. This time I was now used to the crystal clear vision I had with the aid of my glasses. For some unknown reason, my glasses slipped down my face a little. Looking up at the moon, I could see about half of it clearly, while the other half was very blurry, much like how I used to perceive how the moon looked. I was reminded once again how it felt to realize what the world really looked like.

I contemplated about the world that night. What if we were all looking through a tinted view? I had no earthly idea how the world looked before I put on my glasses. If we were really looking through a tinted view, how would we be able to tell?

Another time, I was riding in the car on the way back from my Grandma's. Loads of cars were passing by us and as I glanced at one of them, I was reminded of the fact that over six billion lives were just like me; we're all humans of this planet. We are have our own lives, things we do, family members, obligations, but we all share the Earth. Then there are all the people who have been on the planet but are deceased. They're just like us.

I'm positive there is something we are all missing, all 6.96 billion of us. There is something that is obvious, but none of us can see it because we're not looking through our glasses. The universe is infinite, numbers are infinite, discoveries are infinite, and I believe whatever we can't see is infinite, or either growing at a rapid rate.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: