Monday, September 26, 2011

In my geometry class, my teacher was talking about sudoku. Technically, the word is pronounced soo-doh-koo because in Japanese the vowel 'u' is pronounced like the double 'o' in loot. The vowel 'o' is pronounced like 'oh.' Most people pronouce it soo-doh-koh. One of my friends who sits behind me is studying Japanese and I tried to learn some of the basics of the language this past summer. We corrected the class, and this girl who sits beside me said, "We speak American. We don't live in Japan."

One, we don't speak 'American.' We speak American English. Two, the word should be pronounced the same, even if we're not in Japan. It kind of annoys me whenever I hear most of the US say Vincent van Gogh's last name like 'go'. It's actually not pronounced like that, but they will correct you every time.

My geometry teacher also was talking about how our generation needed to keep America from being stupid and to stop it from getting bombed. Hah, too late. Honestly, America does need more thinkers, but a certain kind of thinkers. He also said that there was no bad president. Mhm, yeah sure.

I sort of think I was born misplaced. I don't belong in the South. I wish I would have been born somewhere like Vermont, or even Canada. I would love to live in Canada! They have nice, cold weather there. I love cold weather. It's nice. I don't think there are mosquitos in Canada, either.

There's another poster in this classroom that says. "The only place where success doesn't follow work is in the dictionary." Again, that is true, but it can also be false. It all depends on what you count as success. I could say that being successful means sleeping all day. I'm certainly sure that most humans wouldn't count sleeping as working. It's all about counter examples. I actually learned that in geometry.

People also keep bringing up that the world is going to end in 2012. Well, a few months ago, I spent a few weeks researching that. The Mayan calendar is divided into sections; all that is happening on the Winter Solstice of 2012 is that we are changing sections. The calender doesn't say that the world is going to end at all. Catostrophic events have been known to happen when they change, however.



Holy Saint Francis, today is Jon Richardson's birthday! Happy Birthday, Jon Richardson. It's a shame that wikipedia doesn't have a picture of him. I first learned about him when he was on this show with David Tennant and Catherine Tate. He is one of my favorite comedians! Tomorrow is World Tourism Day; Happy early World Tourism Day! I actually made this week continent week. Last week was religion week. Today is Asia day. Happy Asia day.

No comments:

Post a Comment