Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Today, my friends and I had a normal discussion about the purpose in life and dying. I'm an existentialist, I've decided. I want to study theology and write things.

Life is as unfair as it can be. I've been told this for as long as I can remember. It's not fair that many people just get to be who they are and are well known for it. It's not fair that many people get to have a special talent and others don't. It's not fair that people are born rich and never have to work to get to a good point in life.

For many people, the purpose in life is to become famous or rich, preferably both. I too, had wanted to be rich and acquire fame. I don't want to anymore.

If you don't go into religion, one of the oldest people in the history of Earth that still has fame is Socrates. I don't even know that many famous people from before the sixteenth century. In 700 years, granted the Earth is still around, nobody will remember all these celebrities. They probably won't even remember Bill Gates. I doubt Carl Sagan, JK Rowling, or Marie Curie will even be remembered. People will even begin to forget William Shakespeare and Albert Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment